Thread: The Orville

The Orville

Unfortunately, with not having cable at this time, I was unable to see the premiere.

How is it?
    I seem familiar.

Seems decent enough - more Galaxy Quest than Star Trek - but, that was expected. The Doctor on the ship is the actress that played Sisko's love interest toward the end of DS9... so that was kind of cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Gremlin View Post
    Unfortunately, with not having cable at this time, I was unable to see the premiere.

How is it?
    For me... I kind of watched the first episode (about halfway through). Fiddy is correct when she said about it's more Quest than Trek.

It seems like they are trying to do a bit of both minus some "too obvious" things like Teleportation technology from what I can tell. To be honest I felt like this was some weak version of space trek comedy, not as dumb as Spaceballs, but no where near as intelligent as ToS or any other Trek for that matter. It's almost too much modern day sitcom for me to really enjoy or respect what I look for in a good space tale. Maybe that might change if Orville survives and grows more... big maybe. But for now, I guess I am just not feeling it, not with the new ST: Discovery out there to piss me off BUT at the same time still manage to draw me in screaming, lol.