Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Discovery

Star Trek Discovery

...so... who's going to be following along?

Is it only going to be me?
    I seem familiar.

I'll try to watch - if it is placed on Hulu or Netflix =))
    Watched "The Orville" last night - seems cute...more Galaxy Quest than Star Trek, but seemed to have possibilities of being entertaining.

Riiiiiight... that's not going on Netflix in the US. Ha-ha.

(For reference, it's not up here either, but I still got the streaming platform it will be on anyway due to the fact that there was other shows I wanted to see on it too, like the entirety of Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Who, The Expanse, Letterkenny...)
    I seem familiar.

I may be vibrating in excitement at the thought of new Star Trek.
    I seem familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Gremlin View Post
    Worth the wait.
    Yeah, I rummaged through my barn and found the courage and change to get a CBS Access account for 6 buck/month... so far it seems worth a least the first season before I pass true judgement...

I was jumping in here hopeing there was no spoilers. Glad there wasn't any so thank you. I am holding off til it makes it to netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkal View Post
    I was jumping in here hopeing there was no spoilers. Glad there wasn't any so thank you. I am holding off til it makes it to netflix.
    lol.. Your welcomed. And while I can appreciate that desire, because they making some money off of CBS Access it may be a few years (seasons) before you ever get to see it on Netflix... if ever. I don't think they got a hold of any of the Trek shows until long after their series finales.

The only way you'd be seeing it on Netflix is if you live anywhere other than the US or Canada. Or as Muujin says, a few years...though I'm not optimistic about there being more than the one season, to be honest, because nearly all of the people I know who have seen it have given two thumbs way, WAAAAY down. And the reasons I don't have the CBS All Access myself...one, we have three paid services already (Hulu, Amazon Prime, and, you guessed it, Netflix), and two...I don't pay for the services we have here, and those that do aren't particularly interested in making it four of a kind, heh heh.

We refuse to pay for another service at the moment. We have used Netflix and Hulu. I know I have to wait a while. I though may still take the leap once all the episodes are out and watch it all the way through so that I can watch them all in one go which is what I like about netflix.

Muuuujin,
    I was one of the early adopter of netflix when everything used to be just disk and there was no streaming at the time. When we did come back there was streaming and all the star trek series have always been part of their streaming service and it was long after the series ended. We do not know how long its going to be. Hulu is about one season behind when it comes to CBS shows, so we will see. If anything I will wait til they are all out or close before I get all access.

I get what you are saying, but not everyone wants to take the leap right off the bat. I just saying I am like Fiddy and wait til it comes on Hulu or Netflix. If I can't wait any longer, then I will go for the all access but it will have to be either at the end or close to completing the season before I sub up. I want to make sure the other show I also watch that is CBS, is close also.
    Last edited by Sparkal; 10-15-2017 at 02:53 PM.